Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sedona

I've been trying to plan a few days of getaway to Sedona. Maybe meet my brother and his wife there. They live in Bullhead City, Arizona (right by Laughlin, Nevada) and usually I go to Laughlin to visit. We've been talking about going somewhere more scenic that we could enjoy while we visit. Sedona is really gorgeous!


Usually I'm not really into desert scenery but Sedona has beautiful rock formations and trees, too.



It also has an interesting, artsy-craftsy kind of town to visit too.




If you drive out a ways you can see native American dwellings and art on rock walls.




A lot of western movies have been filmed in and around Sedona. We visited there several years ago and I've always wanted to return. The main thing though is I'm missing my brother and I just want to see him.
All photos are from the Sedona website.
Hugs, Susan




3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

We love Sedona. It is a gorgeous place. We haven't been in a few years (pooh!), but we love to stay at Enchantment Resort.

http://www.enchantmentresort.com/

You'll love Sedona.

Hugs!
Kat

Nola said...

I just love Arizona, it's so colorful and the scenery is so different from here. On the downside, I don't like it so much between June and August; the heat just sucks the air out of my lungs!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It is a beautiful area..but I just have never been a desert person. I am really not sure why. I NEED green! :)
I also am in Riverside. Just posted a picture of Wendie's store front not long ago..with other pictures of Mission Inn area as well. I will be taking a friend from out of town there this Thursday.
Goodness...why are you leaving Riverside? But..Wow..moving to the "beach" is quite a move UP from here! Congratulations! :)