Monday, February 9, 2009

It's been nagging at me that I wasn't showing much faith about the beach house. I didn't handle things well this weekend. I got very upset (understatement)! I realized that Fear was the problem.

I have wanted to move to the beach all my life. When I was a child we camped at the beach during the summer. We were either at Doheny or San Clemente or we went to Washington State to visit my relatives. The beach holds lots of good memories for me. I just love to be by the ocean. It calms me down and makes me feel better. It never fails to make me feel happy.

I got scared because I felt that Don was putting up roadblocks to my happiness. That fear is what is wrong. I think the biggest "sin" we can have is fear. It causes so much heartbreak. People hurt each other because they are afraid they won't have enough or someone will take what they have away. Isn't that why people kill and steal? I try to have faith that there is "enough" for everybody. And if we have "more" we should share. But I was afraid my dream was going to be taken away. I wasn't having faith that things would work out for the best.

Anyway that's my confession. I know a lot of people have worse problems then I do. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Hugs, Susan

2 comments:

j said...

I was so nervous about my first pregnancy and a co worker gave me the scripture "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind."

It stuck.

Your conversation heart advice is up!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Things will work out for the best. They always do. God will make sure you move to the right place at the right time.

I love that bed spread you got. So pretty.

Hugs
Joanne