Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm so excited about moving to the beach! I've been collecting things for about three years. The lamp above is Verdegris is the one I bought for the living room. My sofa and loveseat are in an aqua color. I like the style of the lamp because it reminds me of a ship's lantern.


I bought a pair of these shell lamps for the master bedroom to sit on the night stands. I thought they were really cute. My furniture is cottage style in white.
Today we spent all afternoon throwing junk away from the garage. Caren came over and helped us. I was missing her so much. She must have gotten the "vibe" because about five minutes later she showed up. We didn't even ask her over.
Our biggest problem is what to do about our cats. Max and Meekie are moving for sure but we will already be over our pet limit with them and Jake. Chloe is actually the best behaved of all of them. She's very sweet tempered and never claws anything but an old piece of rug. Pepper is just like her name: full of spice but very loving. She's still at the kittenish, playful stage. She's good about not clawing things, too. What to do? Hopefully something will work out. We didn't think we'd be able to move for two or three years at least.
Got to get back to work!
Hugs, Susan

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love the lamps. In my last house - I decorated a bathroom with shells and used a soft sea foam green as the accent color. I wish our place was bigger. It is so open that I thought it senseless to try and use different color schemes in each room...so pretty much everything is black/white/ & dark red!

Justabeachkat said...

Love both styles of lamps, but especially the first one. Perfect!

Hugs!
Kat

Joanne Kennedy said...

OMG! You are really going to move down here! YEAH! We will be really close. So it will be easier for us to finally get together.

Yes I'm going to be in Riverside this Sunday. Did you know about the Dickens Fair? I wish you were going.

So when are you going to move? What streets are you off of? My aunt used to live in a Mobil Home right across the street from the beach near Main street. I was wondering if that is the same park you are moving to.

Hugs,
Joanne