Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Beach House (I'm thinking positively)

My kitchen. I'm thinking of painting the cabinets white because some of the doors are a little worn around the edges. That look is better on painted doors than woodgrain I think. I love the spaces above the cabinets that I can decorate with cute stuff.

The dining area. There is room for my farmhouse table. I'm thinking of two stools to go with the counter on the right side. I want to switch out the fan for a cute, casual chandelier. I also want to put casual floor length drapes on the window. They will probably match the ones in the living room.

Living room with fireplace and window showing. I love the French doors but I'm not sure what to do for privacy at night. The living room has a sky light too which I like also. I love light, light, light!


I love the fireplace: pretty and simple.



French doors are the front door. I don't mind the openess during the day but I want a little privacy at night. I love the white fence around my porch.
I love this place. I'm praying we can get it because it is my heart's desire. I don't care about a big, fancy mansion. I just want a little house by the ocean. I can walk to the beach in maybe five minutes max because it's right across the street.
This house has two bedrooms, an office, two bathrooms and a laundry room. Perfect size for us.
Hugs, Susan




5 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs! I hope you get what your heart desires...soon!

Joanne Kennedy said...

One of these days I know I'm going to read I GOT IT! MY DREAM HOUSE!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is the one!

Good luck my friend.

Hugs,
Joanne

BittersweetPunkin said...

I hope you get it too!

Nola said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I like the idea of painting the cabinets, it will lighten things up. You'll find something to do with the french doors, I can see you will need some privacy. Half the fun is in the planning.

RosieJo said...

Love my simple Roman Shades. Super easy to use.