Friday, March 20, 2009

Fashion Friday Skirts

Today we're talking about skirts. I love wearing skirts because I'm short and I can usually find a flattering length in skirts. Sometimes pants are too long for me. I wear a lot of cropped pants so that the pants don't drag on the ground. Luckily I live in California so the weather isn't that much of a problem. A good basic skirt is the one above. The style is flattering on most people and black gives you lots of options. The length is great for everyone...not too short or long. It will always be in style.



A black pencil skirt is another good choice. I love pencil skirts. They look good with a variety of tops. I found a really nice black pencil skirt at Target for $20.00. It was even lined.


A denim pencil skirt is cute, too for more casual times. Black is better if you want to dress it up or down.


It's always fun to have a cute print skirt. When it's hot I wear print skirts with T shirts and sandals and maybe a belt to pull it together.


This would be a cute skirt to wear at Easter. My daughter bought this one. You could pull out one of the blue colors in the skirt for a top.
Have a fabulous Friday!
Hugs, Susan




6 comments:

Julie said...

Ohh - I love pencil skirts!

Thanks for sticking with the very long story about my husband! I am almost up to "current events"! Once I get up to date - I will likely just post once or twice a week about what is going on.

Melissa said...

Susan,

I love skirts too. Maybe because they are so girly.

I am just researching to see if there are any blogs about keeping kosher. I have not really had much luck, but I am sure they are out there. There is kosher.com and they are an on-line kosher grocery store.

There is quite a learning curve to all of this. I must say, but I am totally enjoying every minute of it.

Happy Friday!

Melissa

Cottage Contessa said...

I too am a pencil skirt kinda gal, and my daughter loves the other type shown. It's good skirt weather here most of the year too in sunny Queensland! Have a great weekend Susan!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

The Southern Mom said...

I hope you're not getting double comments from me...not worth explaining! (but, if you get 2, delete one!)

Anyway...thanks so much for your comments and support. I wish we lived closer, too! I'm positive we'd be BFF's (I really need someone to go shopping with!)

'Bama Girl and I went to Stein Mart...I found lots of stuff...in other words, clothes that fit me!!! I'll try to post pictures later! (I was buying for the cruise!)

Debbie

Cottage Way of Life said...

I used to wear skirts all the time, but now, not so much. Don't know why I stopped ... gonna have to rethink that, dig through the closet, and get those skirts back out.

Have a good weekend!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Susan

It's been fun catching up with you tonight. I love your fashion posts, but I REALLY love the ones with coastal living type decor.

Thanks for all of your visits while I was on my trip. We stayed so busy that my computer time was taken up with doing a post each day and downloading my photos. It sure feels good to be home and able to blog again.

Hugs!
Kat