Friday, March 6, 2009

Fashion Friday

I've been thinking about doing a fashion blog but it might be too much to do it every day. So I thought I'd do it on Fridays. This is going to be mostly about plus size fashions since that what I wear and there are a lot of us out there. I like to wear body shapers when I get dressed up. The one above is by Bali. I like them to be smooth so you can wear them under knits. If you have a lot of seams, the seams tend to show through your clothes.

Another Bali one. Bali body shapers run between $40-$50. You can find them on sale and at the Bali outlets for less. They last for a really long time so they are a good investment. They are comfortable, too. They just smooth everything out so you don't have rolls. Don't buy any shaper that's uncomfortable or too tight. If it's too tight it just pushes the rolls to the top. Better to be a little bigger and comfortable and smooth.

This Bali shaper is really pretty. It also comes in black for a sexier look. It's also really comfortable.


This shaper is by Curvation. It also comes in black and it costs a little less than the Bali ones. The best color if you're only buying a shaper would be nude so it can go under anything. White will show through white. Black only works under darker colors. Black does look cute though.



It gets very hot here in Riverside so I like cotton especially for the summer. This is from Lane Bryant. I always wear underwire and smooth bras. I'm sort of well endowed. No seams again so you can wear it under T shirts. Nude is the best color for no show through.




Another Lane Bryant item. I like cotton for every day. These are not your "sexy for the husband or boyfriend" style. These are for you to be comfortable in. They come in lots of colors and prints. Lane Bryant's panties last far longer than the ones from Walmart and K-mart. They also have bikinis, briefs, boy-legs, thongs...whatever you like. And sexier fabrics, too. I buy a lot of nude so I can wear them under white pants and shorts.
The best plus size nylons are at Avenue. They are pretty comfortable. I like a beige color or off- black to go with most everything. I'm pretty fair skinned but they have other colors if you are tan. I only wear off-black at night usually with sexy black outfits. If it's really hot, I'll use self-tanner and go without nylons. I don't wear nylons with sandles ever.
There are lots of styles of bras, panties and body shapers. Take a few hours and go try some on to see what YOU like. They are going to be the foundation for how you look in everything so get things that fit and feel good.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Susan




4 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

Some of those things look uncomfortable but I guess you'd get used to it. Mimi

Sometimes It's Good said...

Really the bodyshapers aren't bad just buy the correct size.
Susan

Debra from Bungalow said...

As we age we realize the importance of good foundation garments! Remember the old girdles??? LOL

Nola said...

I've seen those infomercials for the ones they show on tv, wonder if they are any good? My trouble is finding any undergarment in the correct size; especially in bras, I tend to fall out of the sides! Oh, they joys of aging, things just don't stay where they should anymore!