Monday, March 9, 2009

Flapper Costumes

Yesterday was the Royal Reginal Roundtable for Red Hat Queens and ViceQueens so Carolyn (my ViceQueen) and I went to the luncheon. On the way into the banquet room I misplaced my camera so I have no pictures. My camera has since been found and is on it's way back to me. The theme for yesterday's luncheon was "Send in the Clowns." There were a lot of cute costumes. Carolyn and I went in regular Red Hat Regalia. The next meeting is having a Roaring Twenties theme. So I'm going to wear a flapper dress. I found these two cute ones on line. If I get the purple one I'll have purple and red accessories.
I also like this one. I'd probably wear a red headband and purple beads with this one. Which do you think is the cutest dress? Our luncheon is in May so I have plenty of time to order one. They're not very expensive since they're regular costumes. There are also a couple of real dresses I've seen that I like but they might be too expensive. I'm still looking on line for something so if you know of some cute 20's style stuff, let me know.
Have a fabulous Monday!
Hugs, Susan

3 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

I love the red one! Get some purple shoes, beads and a boa...you'd be all set!

Debra from Bungalow said...

I like them both! What a fun thing to do!
Take care, Debra

Cottage Contessa said...

I like the red one sweetie! My daughter had to have a flapper girl costume for one of her dance concerts..........oh the STRESSSSSSSSSSS! lol It looked fabulous when we were done though! Enjoy your event Susan!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)