Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chloe

This is Chloe, AKA the Love Slut. She is Caren's cat. Chloe adopted us. She appeared in our garage one day and decided to stay. We put food out for her. She was a bit afraid of us at first. I think she was abandoned when the people across the street moved out. I never saw her before but once she made friends with us she was very affectionate. That made me think she had been someone's pet. She was very young, hardly more than a kitten when she came to us.

I know I was going to post about the Del Mar Fair but that didn't work out. First I forgot my camera. Then my friend, Sharon, got sick after a few hours so we left early. It was a beautiful day and I would love to go down there again and see more of the fair. Sharon's OK now --just a 24 hour bug. If I don't get a chance to go this year, I'll for sure go next summer.

8 comments:

PAT said...

Susan
Chloe is a beautiful cat!

Sorry to hear about your friend but good to know she's better!

Have a wonderful week!
Pat

The Southern Mom said...

So sorry about your friend and also about not being able to stay...looks like fun!

Love Chloe!

Barbara Jacksier said...

Okay, you're forgiven for not posting about the fair. A cute cat photo is always a great substitute for -- anything!

Jen Kershner said...

What a beauty she is. I had a cat adopt me once. I think that makes the relationship even moor special.

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a darling little kitty you have. I think it's great how some stray animals pick out their humans. I wonder if they roam around then see someone they love and say "I'm going to adopt this human".

OK maybe I am strange but I think they think they own us not that we own them. LOL

Sorry about your trip to the fair and your friend being sick. Hope you get to make it back there.

When is it over? I'm going to be going to see my brother in Oceanside Wed. Maybe I should stop there and check it out.

Hugs,
Joanne

Cottage Contessa said...

Susan, I'm sorry to hear that the fiar didn't work out for you this year sweetie. From the pictures it looks like a fun day would have been had! Next year. Chloe is just darling! Have a lovely day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful.yes she does need a shop.

said...

"Love Slut" - I love that! LOL