Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Fur Children

This is Jake. Jake is half doxie and half ???? He's tiny but thinks he's a big dog. We say he's a toy Rottweiler. He's extremely smart, very cute and loves to run! I had to name him Jake so that he had a manly name. He can't be little and have a sissy name, right? Because he loves our cats and grew up with them, he kind of thinks he's one of them. Of course he is their brother.

This is Max. Max is the Alpha Dog of the group. The big brother. Of course he thinks he is the head of the household and rules over the others. He does not know he is a cat.

This is the beautiful Meekie. Her name is Amica (girlfriend in Italian. Meekie is not really a cat. We believe she is a space alien. She is the Queen of Zorg (an undiscovered planet). When we got her she did not know how to meow, purr, hiss or use other cat words. She went "Acck, Acck." She slept in her cat box and relieved herself on the papers in her cage at the shelter. She had no clue as to proper cat behavior and was taught how to be a cat by Max. That did not stop her from showing Queenly behavior at all times. Each night she goes on our patio and we believe she communes with the mother ship. We are awaiting the take over by the other Zorgites with some nervousness. It could be any day now. I am Meekie's human servant which may save me during the take over.
Missing from this post is Chloe, my daughter's cat. Chloe is gray and white. We call her "dirty girl" because she loves to get up in the rafters of our garage and get all dusty. Her other nickname is "Love Slut" as she would like to sit and be petted for eternity. She also kisses up to the humans. I don't believe Meekie will allow her on the mother ship.




13 comments:

PAT said...

HI Susan

Great post! Your fur children are beautiful. The photos are wonderful and I loved your story!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Love your furry pets.Mine is chewing up my kitchen spatula as we speak.
I sure miss my Java. I love Jersey,but he is so hyper and lot a lap dog as I was so used to. The books were wrong. Maybe after he gets alittle older it will get better.
Your calico is beautiful. I have one also..she is at the bottom of my page. She is HUGE!

Julie said...

How adorable! Jake and Max look like twins though! I could not imagine my life without my animals.

Joy Jones said...

I LOVE your fur-babies!!! Jake is too funny. He sounds like my Barkley, a 7 lb Maltese. He thinks he is a big dog too.

Anonymous said...

Goodluck. It is so much fun. I love finding the treasures.I bet you have some neat things. when you get it all setup you will have to show us.

Lallee said...

Thank you for your kind comment yesterday! Your little sweeties are adorable. I call mine my cheap therapy ;-)

Unknown said...

I have several "fur children" too. I love that term, yours are gorgeous. I have an eighteen year old cat, two dogs, and a horse. My favorite line that Nora Ephram wrote was "When you have teenagers in the house, you better get a pet, because someone has to be glad to see you when you come home". Karen

CIELO said...

Cute little furry friends! :)

The House in the Roses is having a garden party and would love to see you participate... come see and show us your garden!

A blessed weekend to you

Cielo

Julie said...

Thanks to introducing us to your children with fur! A dog who thinks he's a cat, and a cat who thinks he's a dog - COOL!

I am glad your other cat has now found a loving home with you. I still miss my Dusty girl so much. We had her for 18 1/2 years. She was charcoal gray with silver tips so she looked like she was always rolling in dust. For some reason, most everyone called her "Smoky"!

j said...

I LOVE the quote you left.. You are a woman of wisdom!!!

Your pics are adorable. Your fur children look so sweet!

Have you ever seen the Lol Cats on the I Can Haz Cheeseburgers website? You would enjoy reading those I think, and you can actually make your own! I have had a ball over there.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan... bet your house is always fun with your little fur babies. Too cute! Susie H

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think Jake is part Chihuahua. With those ears I would be surprised to find out he wasn't.

It's funny because my dog (a long hair Chihuahua) thinks he is a cat at times too. He will sit on top of furniture like a cat does and when I had my cat my dog would eat my cat's food. The cat ate the dog food and followed me around the house and came when I called her like a dog.

Sadly my cat died awhile ago and my dog now thinks he is just a human. LOL

Oh the thrift stores I went to were in Huntington Beach.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't know when I have laughed so hard reading a post - LOVED meeting your fur babies and the meaning behind their names, etc., etc... Love the mothership story - and Love Slut - okay, that's like the funniest thing ever! LOL Give them all big scratches under the chin from me - and for Jake, a big scratch behind the ears!...Donna