Sunday, June 22, 2008

Garden Flowers

I thought I'd share some flower pictures from my front yard. I don't really have a pretty garden to post. These roses are at the edge of my driveway. These were given to me as gifts at various times when I was teaching so I planted them and they've done pretty well.
These are lantana. I love them because they grow like weeds and look so pretty. They are so easy!

More lantana...I try to get all the colors I can.
I've been tagged by Joanne from "My Little Cottage in the Making" and I'm excited because some people are reading my blog. The rules are to answer the 5 questions and tag 5 people. I'm shy about tagging others but feel free to be tagged if you want to do this.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago? I was teaching preschool in Fontana. I've taught ages 3 up to 4th grade going back and forth between preschool and elementary school...where ever I was needed. This was kind of my mission field since I feel children are so important.
2. What are the 5 things on my "To Do" list.
Finish painting the kitchen (walls and cabinets).
"Spring clean" the master bedroom including closet and dresser (I know I'm a little late with
this since it's already summer).
Do the dishes (I can manage this).
Wrap a baby shower gift for the shower later today (I have to get this done).
Wash some clothes (another have to do or I will be running around naked).
3. Snacks I enjoy: chocolate, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Ritz crackers with "lite" cream
cheese, fresh fruit.
4. Things I would do if I were a "multi" millionaire: Buy my house at the beach, travel around
the world, give this house to Caren (she wants it so much), give to cancer research and pet
rescues.
5. Places I have lived: Mossyrock, Washington; Fullerton, CA; Corona, CA; Brea, CA; and
Riverside, CA.



7 comments:

PAT said...

It's wonderful, learning more about you, Susan.

I enjoyed your list.

Pat

The Southern Mom said...

Should I close my eyes? or did you get the laundry done? Love the list!

Oh...and thanks for the comment...I'm back!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well for someone who doesn't have a garden those are sure pretty flowers you have there!

So happy you are getting more people reading your blog now.

It was fun reading more about you.

Hugs,
Joanne

Cottage Contessa said...

Hiya sweetie! That was a great list and fun to read Susan! Your garden looks very pretty too. I hope you're having a wonderful start to the week!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Zarebski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I love Lantana. I used to make bouquets for my Barbie dolls from it! ha ha

The evening out looked like a lot of fun and your 4 legged family members are adorable. As you can see I am playing catch up on my fav. blogs since I am back from vacation!

Justabeachkat said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS!!

Love reading your list. I too love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. So yummy.

Thanks for your prayers sweet friend!

Hugs!
Kat