Thursday, May 29, 2008

Disneyland

My husband Don with a statue of his boss, Mickey. Don has worked at the Disneyland Resort since he was nineteen. ( Photos are from the Disney Postcards site except for Don's picture.)


Entrance to the Magic Kingdom.


Characters saying "Hi!"


Mickey and Minnie cruising the Park.



Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is often compared to riding with me when I drive.


Pirates: where you can almost see Mr. Depp. He has been there several times



The Haunted Mansion. There are " no windows and no doors" inside. EEEEK!



Some ghosts having a good time.



The Jungle Cruise and the "backside of water." My favorite joke from the cruise. I'm easily amused.



The Mark Twain.




Tinkerbell flying over the Castle.



Dumbo.




Pluto. Note he is wearing his dog tag. I'm sure he's had his rabies' shot.


Chip and Dale at home. Chip has the brown nose (like a chocolate chip) and Dale has a red nose.





Minnie's Cottage. Love her mailbox and picket fence.

Donald goes for the Nautical Theme for his home.


Mickey's House. Love his stone fireplace. Bye Mickey...see you soon!
















12 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

Awww...I just love Mickey and the gang! We went with the band to California when my son was a senior and daughter was a freshman in high school. 250 kids on a plane, 25 chaperones, 7 days! Hollywood Christmas parade! So...that was almost 5 years ago. I don't think they'll ever forget it, I know I won't!

Julie said...

It is a goal of mine to take my Granddaughter there!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Dear Sue, thank you for your condolences. Love your Disney pics. Some of my best childhood memories are of that wonderful place.

oxox
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What a fun job. I have never been .Im ashamed not to have ever taken my kids.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Susan, so nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by my blog. I have so enjoyed my visit here at your lovely blog and seeing Disneyland. I was there when I was a teenager and loved ever minute. Your pics brought back great memories of my trip.
Hope to see you again soon.
Have a nice weekend,
Celestina,
la rea rose

Cottage Contessa said...

Wow that was just awesome! Thanks for the tour sweetie, my daughter enjoyed it alot too! Hope you're having a terrific weekend Susan!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Paul Sears said...

Cool old pics! How is Disneyland these days? I haven't been, even though my wife and I have lived in the area almost 3 years now. We're just waiting for the niece & nephew to come visit from Colorado, then we'll definitely go.

Lucy Bloom said...

What fantastic pictures of Disneyland and how great it must be to work there. I visited once about 25 years ago, I'm sure it must have changed an awful lot since then.
Lucy x

Kelli said...

Great pictures! I've never been to Disneyland, but it looks like so much fun!
~Kelli

The Southern Mom said...

YooHoo? Susan? Are you there? I'm just getting a little worried, you haven't posted since Thursday (4 days)! Just checking!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Thanks for the tour! I have never been to Disney World/Land, but I would love to go! Your husband's job must have great Disney perks!!

Lucky you!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Susan..I have an award for you ..If you don't feel like doing it I understand ..they take alot of time(:) Love your blog..hugs Patty