Monday, May 26, 2008

Newport Beach, California


This is why I want to move to the coast. I'm a beach girl at heart!


Today we're at Newport Beach.


Balboa Fun Zone. Not to be confused with Balboa Island.


The Balboa Pavillion in Newport Beach. My guys (Art of Sax) play there in the summer.




Another view of the Pavillion. It's fun to eat lunch there, listen to the band and watch the water.
The food's good, too.
I would love a "dream house" any where along the California Coast. I must win the lottery!
Every home on the water costs over a million dollars. I was born to be independently wealthy but for some reason it hasn't happened yet.




5 comments:

Kelli said...

What a beautiful and peaceful place!
~Kelli

CIELO said...

Pretty blog.... and boy, doesn't Harrison Ford look awesome down there!!

Happy day

cielo

SeaWorthy said...

I love Cali, but Wa is the place for the cheap coastal living. Although its not warm most of the time, and really not a place to go frolicking in the waves in your bikini,You definately get the whole ocean theme going on around you.
Come on up and see!

Mary said...

Having grown up on the English Channel coast (Devon, UK)I really have missed living right at the ocean these past 45 years!! I love the beaches here in NC - not lying on the beach any longer of course - but walking the sand, dipping my tootsies, watching the sun rise and set over water, waving across the pond to England...........and of course eating fresh seafood and checking out all those multi-million dollar beach "cottages" which, like you, will only be mine if I win the lottery!!!!! I'd better start buying tickets I guess!!

Thanks for visiting - I've been slow replying as I'm so busy these days with all this gardening etc.
Your home and garden are just fabulous!

Jami Weight said...

this is my favorite place in the entire world. If I had one week left to live I would spend it in Newport sitting on the beach eating, soaking up the sun, eating a frozen Balboa Bar and dipping my toes in the ocean. I too would love to own a home here too, but until i can find a tree that grows money, I guess I will just be visiting every somewhere with my family, which is alright by me. Where did you guys stay? beach house? hotel?