Saturday, May 3, 2008

Yesterday we celebrated Caren's and my birthdays by going out to lunch at Market Broiler here in Riverside. They have remodeled the restaurant and changed the menu but the fish is still delicious! I had shrimp and scallops. Yum!


My husband, Don brought home Coconut Cake for me (minus the candles). I didn't take a picture of my little cake. This one is Paula Deen's. I love Coconut Cake. We call it "White Death" because it's so good and sweet and if you eat too much you feel sick. Very easy to do, too.


Caren wanted this: Lemon Pie. So we bought one from Marie Callenders' Restaurant which is right next door to Market Broiler. My oven is not working so no baking for me right now but even if I could bake this pie, it would never match my mother's. I think Caren likes it because when I was pregnant with her, I had a craving for it and my mom made the best one for me. She made excellent pies. The one we bought isn't even close!

So we had a nice lunch with Caren and her boyfriend Paul. Afterwards they went to work on Caren's house and I went to see Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey. Cute romantic comedy! Don took a nap because he'd been working all night at Disneyland.
Hugs! Susan


1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to you both! My husband and I are having King Crab tonight - yay! It was on sale for a great price - this doesn't happen often in ND.

If I had to choose between conconut cake and lemon meringue pie, sorry, I'd go with the pie. I just love it.