Sunday, May 11, 2008

Robert Mitchum

I always thought Robert Mitchum was sexy. He's one of the original "bad boys." My DVD player isn't working right (time to get a new one) so I dragged out an old video of "Night of the Hunter." This movie scared me when I was a child. Shelley Winters' hair flowing under water...Eeeek!


This is such a great movie, beautiful photography and eerie, beautiful music. Robert Mitchum: Handsome, pyschotic, singing hymns and praying....a serial killer. He's attractive and scary and evil.

Lillian Gish is the perfect mother to orphaned children. Anyway, I've always loved this movie. It's fascinating and creepy but heart-warming, too. Check it out sometime.






Sorry these photos are so small but I don't know how to enlarge them. All photos from the internet.




7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Hi, Susan! Thanks for stopping by my blog again today. I appreciate your comment and completely agree!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I always thought he was handsome too. But Gary Cooper, oh my he made me swoon when I was just a little girl and they ran old movies on the TV...how could I know he was already , ummm errr gone on to heaven LOL.

My DD used to live in Riverside...we lived in San Diego and would drive up every week. I do not miss the traffic :)

Unknown said...

I always loved him too. There was something so mysterious about him. Old Hollywood stars were really something. Karen

The Southern Mom said...

Ummmm Robert Mitchum! Why don't they make 'em like they used to?

bj said...

Hi, Susan...I haven't seen this movie and I love good, old ones like this. I'll check it out. R. Mitchum was always one of my favorites. We almost grew up together...he on the silver screen and me in a little West Texas town...I saw most of his movies and wonder how I missed this one...I'll google it and see when it was made. Loved S. Winters, too.
bj

bj said...

hmmm, it was made in 1955...the yr before I graduated from high school...HOW DID I MISS IT???
Have a good day...
bj

Julie said...

I never saw this movie, but I'll never forget seeing Robert Mitchum in "Thunder Road" when I was a girl. I remember coming home and raving about him. I guess I was attracted to bad boys even at that tender age. LOL!