Sunday, April 5, 2009

Party all Weekend!

Friday we had a birthday dinner at Marie's house for Heather's children Jeremy and Haley. This picture is of the beautiful cousins: Marie (on left) and Heather. They look like sisters. Marie is Mary Linda's daughter and Heather is Sharon's daughter.

Grammy Sharon with Brandon (Heather's oldest).

Blaike and Johnny are Marie's children.


The birthday kids: Jeremy and Haley. Their birthdays are within a few days of each other. Heather, Mark (her husband) and the kids are down here visiting from the Sacramento area.



Mary Linda, Me and Sharon.




Scott (Marie's husband) with Jeremy, Johnny and JoyJoy.





Scott and Mark.






Marie with her brother Rick. Marie is so beautiful and a pink warrier. She is doing so well now!
You can barely see Tanya (Rick's girlfriend). I'm not too great at setting up shots. Still practicing. Or maybe it was the wine we had with dinner.








The gorgeous Heather. Edges of Tanya and Mary Linda. I gotta learn to crop.







Rick and the beautiful Tanya. Of course I cut off Heather.
A great fun time! We were so casual. We ordered pizza and I brought a salad. Scott opened the wine and we laughed all night. (We really only had a glass each.) We go to Scott's and Marie's for New Year's Eve and play games and visit half the night. It was like New Year's Eve Friday. We played a game sort of like password. We would look at a phrase and then describe it and/or act it out. The older kids had fun with it too. We're not very strict about rules as long as we're laughing!







Then on Saturday my chapter had a Red Hat Luncheon at Olive Garden. We are a tiny chapter and are still open to new members.

Me (Queen Susan), Diana, Faye, Carolyn (the Vice Queen...fitting since her husband is a retired deputy sheriff) and Martha. We're not that strict about hats either.










Diana and Faye. We only had a "taste" of free wine before lunch.











Carolyn and Martha. We laughed and talked in Olive Garden for over two hours. Then Faye, Carolyn, Martha and I went thrifting. No pictures of that little side trip...I was too busy checking out the goods.
Then Saturday night I went out to see the Band (my friends Art of Sax) in Indian Wells. No wonder I'm dragging today! I had to take a nap.
Hope your weekend was fabulous!
Hugs, Susan












2 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

I'm so sorry I missed the lunch with the girls. I hope you invite me again next time.

Looks and sounds like it was a blast.

Hugs,
Joanne

Nola said...

Lucky you. Looks like you've had quite a weekend. I love the photo of you in your red hat; you should crop it and put it on your sidebar!