Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday at the Movies

We saw this in Claremont after Easter brunch. This was kind of funny and sweet and not as gross as I thought it would be. I liked it. The characters were really likeable especially Alan Arkin as the father. This isn't in my favorites category but still worth seeing.


Before we went to the movies Sharon, Mary Linda, our friend Kathy (who's 86), and I went to the Shilo Hilltop for Easter brunch. This place is in Pomona on the edge of Diamond Bar. It's a great place for Sunday brunch. I forgot my camera so these pictures are from their website. Art of Sax used to play there all the time for Sunday Brunch and on Friday and Saturday nights.
They had the "Smooth Brothers" playing yesterday and they were excellent.

This is inside where we were sitting by the windows. The food is fantastic. We're going back for Mothers' Day and I'll bring my camera. Usually we have a bunch of family and friends with us but work schedules messed that up. So we had girls' brunch out.
Saturday Don and I went to church to see Caren get baptised and join the Catholic church. I'm kind of non-denominational myself but I enjoyed being there. The service was very moving.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Hugs, Susan


3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Susan

It sounds like your Easter was a good one.

Have a good Monday.

Hugs!
Kat

(btw...how are you losing weight? Weight Watchers?)

Julie said...

What a wonderful day you had! Don was not doing too well that day - so we watched movies all day too...but from our home tv.

Melissa said...

Susan,

I am so thankful that I have found you as one of my blogging friends.

Your caring words are very appreciated.

Love Melissa