Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday at the Movies

I can't wait for this to come out! I love movies set in the thirties and forties and movies from that time period. This is about Dillinger and other "public enemies" from 1933-1934. It's starring Johnny Depp as Dillinger. I hope this is a good one...the trailer looked great.

I'm also reading the book by Bryan Burrough which came out in 2004. Of course now it has Johnny Depp's picture on the cover. Can you think of a better way to sell books? This one I actually bought new. I read so many books that I'm usually buying from the used book store here in town. This is a cheap way to go especially since I like mysteries and thrillers in paperback. I wanted to read this book first (and it's really interesting) so I would understand what's going on in the movie and historically too. It tells about the bank robbers and about how the FBI got started.

Have a marvelous Monday!
Hugs, Susan

3 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh I agree! I just saw a preview for that movie and we said "that's a must see!"

Hugs,
Joanne

Justabeachkat said...

I'm sure this will be one my hubby will want to see too. Let me know if you go before we do.

Hugs!
Kat

The Southern Mom said...

That's one for hubby and I to see! His kind of movie.

'Bama Girl and I are going to see The Proposal with Sandra Bullock.

I get to see both...I get the best of both worlds! lol