Monday, January 26, 2009

This is a mobile home I looked at Sunday afternoon. This is the patio area.
The front porch. I like it because the porch is nice and large.

The livingroom. Pergo wood floors throughout. Very nice at the beach.


Dining area.



Kitchen. The cabinets are painted black. I sort of like it but I'm not positive about the black. What do you think? Everything that's dark in this picture is black. I probably would have painted it all white. It's all new paint inside and out.




Laundry Room.





Bedroom.






One of the bathrooms.







Closet doors in the Master Bedroom. Very pretty wood.








Master Bathroom.
My problem. This is a two bedroom and two bathroom mobile home. It's a great price but on the small side. We would have to downsize in a major way...but it is at the beach. Also we would keep our house and rent it until the market gets better. Then we could sell our Riverside house and upgrade to a larger mobile or a condo. I would really like to do it. I'm ready to jump. Of course I'm always ready to jump. Don not so much. He will take about a zillion years to make a decision. Does this sound crazy or is it a good idea? Other pluses: the park is really nice with a beautiful club house, pool, gym and IT IS AT THE BEACH!! I could decorate it up and make it a doll house.
I'm asking for prayer for this decision to be the right one. I don't want to feel like I'm being trapped here in River City which is how I feel now. I think we would be healthier living in Huntington..clean air, less allergies and asthma, more active lifestyle, etc. I would really like some imput on this one.
Hugs, Susan








7 comments:

Julie said...

Well - you should know by now that I LOVE black and white!!!

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Susan! Sweetie the house is very lovely, small I agree, but if you are looking at it as a stepping stone, then living small is ok for a while. My aunt and uncle are doing the exact same thing as you right now. They have rented out their big house and are living in a little unit/flat/condo/apartment right on the beach. They thought they would love to have such a small home after always having big family homes, but after 5 years of small living they are ready to stretch their wings again and move into a bigger house. One good thing is that they stand to make a lot of money on both of their properties, especially the one by the beach. I love the floors in the photo's, but I would have gone with a white kitchen if I was the painter. White is always cooler and feels bigger and goes with anything! Now after the long post I've just written, I will wish you a great week and know that I will be praying for you and Don as you make this important decision. Hugs for you my friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Susan, the home looks great. I love the black and you could do so much with it too. Small can be perfect!! And, its by the beach!! LOL!!
You took great pictures!
hugs, Celestina Marie

Lucy Bloom said...

Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by, nice to "meet" you. Moving is such a big decision, you must do what feels right for you!
Lucy x

Nola said...

They say "location, location, location". But if you are like me, downsizing would be difficult. Sleep on it and see what happens; if it's meant to be, it will happen.

Justabeachkat said...

My kitchen cabinets are black and I love them. The home looks very nice...and it's by the beach. Believe me...I love living at the beach. I just stopped and prayed for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Julie said...

It looks to be in such good shape. I lived in a mobile home for eight years and then we got our house. Boy, are they nicer than when we lived in one. I love all those white walls. When we bought ours they were all cheap brown paneling. As to the black kitchen - well, paint is cheap.