Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year...New Me

"Why should I diet when I have the perfect figure?"


Sharon and I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. I like it because I know it's easy and it works. It teaches you how to eat healthy and you can have whatever you like as long as you make some sensible decisions. You can't eat everything all at once but you can have those treats in a sensible manner. I've done WW before and lost a lot of weight...unfortunately if you go back to eating just anything the pounds come back. That happens with any diet. I don't even think of this as a diet, it's just eating correctly to stay healthy.

Joanne at "My Little Cottage in the Making" is starting on online group on her blog. It officially starts on Monday.

Check out her blog if you'd like to join up. Her link is on my blog list. She has a great blog to read for fun places to go and see and cute decorating ideas, too.

Hugs, Susan

9 comments:

Julie said...

Oh yes...my diet started today. My clothes are WAY WAY to tight!

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think I may end up joining WW too. I really like being accountable to someone. I'm going to give a try doing it on my own for a few weeks and then decide.

Exercise is the part I really need to work on as I hate to exercise! So I'm trying to get in different ways to move without making it seem like exercise.

Sure hope you move to HB this year. It would be fun to have you close by so we could visit each other.

Hugs,
Joanne

Attic Clutter said...

Weight Watchers
Oh good for you Susan~
My sister loves it ,she has lost quite a bit..
you're so welcome
on the clocks.(:)
Hugs, Patty

Cottage Way of Life said...

Weight Watchers is great program. I joined when I needed to lose weight and it worked perfectly because it's basically just plain old good sense and good eating. I never felt like it was a diet or that I couldn't eat things I loved. It's all about balance, I think, balance and attitude. Good luck!

Justabeachkat said...

Love that top photos. Great for this post about dieting. LOL

I'm on Day 6 of my blog. Slowly, but surely I'm doing it. It's not easy, but it feels good to be in control. Together we can do this. Rah rah! Let's keep each other encouraged and share new ideas and recipes.

You go girl!

Hugs!
Kat

Attic Clutter said...

Oh cool you used a banner I made.. Well dear thanks on my cat ornies..I am just having so much fun making paper things.. I have a real love of paper ..
I watched a show lastnight on fonts and letters and I realized how much I love them too..
well have a good one Susan ~!! hugs, Patty

Joanne Kennedy said...

Good for you for getting out and walking! I've decided to give it a go on myself for the month of Jan and if I don't like the outcome I'm going to go to WW. It really is the best.

You are so right about every little bit helps. Just getting up and moving more helps a lot.

Can't wait to hear how well you do on WW.

Hugs,
joanne

Lallee said...

Good for you! I'm a WW lifetimer--but you wouldn't know it to see me. I started the New Year by doing a sort of South Beach diet plan. Wishing you success (and me too).

The Southern Mom said...

Great! I'm thinking of going back to WW, too. I'm giving myself this weekend to think about it. Really! But...as with previous commenter...it's the exercise I need as well! Darn this rain!