Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oak Glen

One of my favorite places to go in the fall is Oak Glen. We go every year in September or October to picnic and look at the beautiful scenery.



Snow-Line is also a great place to go around Christmas time. They have hot cider and mini cinnamon donuts.



This is the village where you can buy souvenirs, candy, caramel apples and meals.













A great place for history field trips. They do civil war and colonial re-enactments.






Just beautiful scenery.


















All pictures are from the internet.







6 comments:

Nola said...

Caramel apples and candy apples are my favorite treats this time of year! Oh, and popcorn balls....and candy corn. Oh, shoot, I like everything, come to think about it. That's why they love me at weight watchers, haha.

Julie said...

thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I assure you it will be a while before I will be able to mount a horse again. I am getting better every day - but would be trapped without the cane - my instability is that bad right now. I am lookig forward to being able to just go outside again...as my poor plants are probable dying of thirst. Don is already doing so much for me - I can not bear to ask him to do more.

I am not dying of boredom yet - but I imagine that has something to do with the medication they have me on which keeps me asleep no less than 20 hours a day.

Your pictures are so beautiful!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Funny you should post this. My sisters and I always go there and we were just talking about going there soon.

Fall is the best time to go there. Everything is so pretty. I love the leaf colors, the yummy food and we always come home with a few found treasures.

Hugs,
Joanne

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

All so beautiful. Caramel apples are always a hit with me!!! THa fall colors are so BEAUTIFUL!

Mimi Sue said...

Thanks for coming by my blog today. It's nice to meet you. I have a little yellow house too. My daughter lives in Temecula. You're practically neighbors. Mimi

Cottage Contessa said...

Oak Glen looks like such a beautiful spot! Thank you for taking me along sweetie! Wishing you a wonderful day Susan!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)