Monday, September 29, 2008

Love Finds Andy Hardy

Sunday afternoon I spent watching "Andy Hardy." I love these movies with Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. I love it that Andy's biggest problem was how to pay for his car and having two girls to take to the Christmas Dance. When I was growing up I thought everyone lived like the Hardys. I loved their 2-story house and their little town where everyone knew everyone.
I wanted to go have sodas at the drug store and go to the dance and look as cute as and sing like Judy Garland.

My love of movies started by watching TV. All these wonderful, classic movies were on TV when I was growing up. My dad and I used to watch the "Fabulous 52" every weekend. We'd make popcorn (still love it) and watch movies. My mom wasn't so into movies...she usually went to bed. My dad used to take me out for dinner (hamburgers) and a movie every so often when my mom had a women's meeting at church.
I'd still rather watch a movie than most shows on TV.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooohhh, i feel like i'm my young self watching those movies from my mom's bed, enjoying the nonthreatening adventures in life with andy and co. what a treat. i still make popcorn(not microwave), and get lost in old movies. the houses are so wonderful. the towns are people friendly. people were friendly! thanks for the trip down memory lane - jkj

Dawn Marie said...

I love watching the classics to. I need to do that more often. it reminds me of being at "grandmas".