Wednesday, July 23, 2008


The service for my father in law was beautiful. It was held in the chapel of the funeral home. He had military honors with the playing of taps and the flag folding ceremony. We also had a memorial video with pictures of Ralph, his family and friends. The video will be on line for people to view.
We are doing pretty well. Ralph had been ill for several months and so we knew this would be happening. He was 93 years old. What a kind, generous, loving gentlman he was...an excellent husband, father and friend.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I am sorry to hear about his passing. Services where Taps is played are so emotionally moving.

Justabeachkat said...

Susan

I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't been by in awhile so I just learned about it as I read all your posts I've missed.

Congrats on your award.

Hugs!
Kat

The Southern Mom said...

93 years old? Wow, what a good life he must have led and how much he must have seen and done! You were fortunate to have known him. And I'm sorry for your family's loss. {{hugs}}

Joanne Kennedy said...

Sounds like you all paid a wonderful tribute to him. I love miltary funerals. They give the respect our service men and women deserve.

God bless you and your family.

Hugs,
Joanne

Melissa said...

Susan,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law.

Living to 93, he must have had some amazing memories and stories to share.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

I saw on your blog that one of your favorite places is Kauai, HI. I have been there too and loved it. There is something so special about the ocean, isn't there?