Friday, July 18, 2008

Blessed by a Beautiful Award



I want to thank Lady Em of The Lavendar Beekeeper for this award. I really appreciate receiving this. It means so much to me. We are supposed to pick five other blogs that we would like to see receive this. It was very hard to choose only five. All the blogs on my list are wonderful! My choices are:

1. Beachy's Capecod Cupboard. This was the first blog I read. I was searching the internet for collanders and found an older post of hers about them. That's how I began lurking around reading these fun blogs!

2. Four Sisters In a Cottage.

3. Coastal Nest.

4. Jacaranda Cottage.

5. Tales From an OC Cottage. (I was born an OC girl).

All of these delightful blogs are on my list with a bunch of other great places to visit.

Update on My Father in Law, Ralph. The service will be Tuesday morning in Bellflower, CA. The thoughtful man had everything planned out years ago. This was really a blessing to my husband. We knew what Ralph wanted and Don didn't have to worry about what to do. It's always so hard to lose friends or family. I appreciate your prayers. His passing was expected but just not quite so soon. There's never a good time though, is there?

Hugs to everyone, Susan

9 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL passing. It doesn't really matter if it's expected or not, losing a loved one is always hard. Big hugs to you and your husband.

Congrats on the award too! You deserve it.

Oh, I didn't know the Queen Mary was ever owned by Disney. Thanks for that info.

I spent the night there once myself. I loved it. I know it's not what a lot of people expect but for me it was great.

Hugs,
Joanne

Cape Cod Washashore said...

So sorry to hear of your father in law. Your family has my deepest sympathy.

Congratulations on your award and thank you for nominating me! What an honor to be your first blog read! I remember that collander photo well (it was taken at my hubby's shop)!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lady Em said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Oh and you deserve the award lady!!!!

~Lady Em~

FourSistersInACottage said...

Oh Susan,
So sorry to hear about your FIL, exactly 2 years to the date of my Dad's passing. I do agree, you can be prepared but not really.
Thank YOU for the blogging award....You are the best!!!
Love and Hugs to you my friend, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Anonymous said...

Im s sorry to hear about your fatherinlaw. I hope you both are finding strength in God.
Also want to congratulate you on your beautiful award.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Susan, Sending my deepest sympathy for the loss of your FIL. I know it is a difficult time and prayers are with you and your family. Congrats on the award and so very nice to meet you and thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I am adding you to my favorites and looking forward to seeing you again often. Prayers for your week ahead.
Blessings, Celestina.
la rea rose

Barbara Jacksier said...

Dear Susan

I, too, am sorry to hear about your father in law. Hang in there.
Hugs
Barbara

{oc cottage} said...

Thank you sooo soo much!!!!! That is so nice of you!!! I am terribly sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I have been up to my eye balls (all my posts lately have been "scheduled").
I truly appreciate this award!!!

Thx!!!!!!!!!!!

M ^..^

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Susan sweetie, I am sorry to hear of your FIL passing. Life is just sad sometimes isn't it. Thank you so much for sharing this award with me! I haven't been around blogland for a couple of weeks because life is just swamping me at the moment, but I wanted you to know just how much I appreciate this gesture from you sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)