Friday, August 29, 2008

Problems

Cheery Title, Huh?

I'm having trouble uploading photos for my blog. Don't know why Blogger won't let me. That's why I missed Thankful Thursday. I am thankful though.

Lately I've had a bad attitude. Really bored and blah. Then I started reading some blogs about other people's problems and I am ashamed! There is nothing wrong with me...well that I couldn't fix. I mean no major problems, no health crisis, no money crisis, we're not losing our home or anything really bad. This I am thankful for.

I thought to myself (who else would I think to?) I need to do something for someone else for a change. Figure out what I would like to do to use my talents to give back to life. Isn't that what God wants? For us to help others and not be so self-centered? No wonder I was bored...just sitting on my buttina* (psuedo Italian word) and not doing anything constructive.

*Buttina started when Caren came back from a semester in Italy and barely spoke English. She was so in love with Italy (esp. Siena) that she used Italian words all the time. So I used to make up fake Italian words in self defense.

That's how Meekie got her name. (Caren's love for anything Italian). It's really Amica (Italian for female friend). I love it when the vet says "Am ick uh" reminding me of the Amityville horror movie which is probably closer to her real personality. Remember she is plotting to take over the earth with her cohorts from Zorg. (See earlier posts).

Anyway, it's time to do something instead of just sitting on my a*s.

7 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

I know what you mean. There are times I whine to myself, then give myself a good kick. As for the blogger issue. ..
1- Check to see if your photos are too high-res.
2- Try loading one at a time.
3-Try renaming the photo and saving it on your desktop before uploading it.

Good luck.

Mimi Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I live in a little yellow house too. Very cheery especially in the winter. Although in Riverside that wouldn't be as much an issue as here in Utah. Have a great weekend. Mimi

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Susan you do make me laugh sweetie, especially the part about the cats real personality! lol Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

The Southern Mom said...

Get up and get busy girl! Quit whining! Get off that computer! There's plenty to do around here!

The scolding is more for me than you, I've been feeling the same way!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sometimes blogger has a little time out for itself then gets back to normal.
Remember the S and L crisis of the 80's (Savings and Loan, not Saturday Night Live LOL) we were living in Vallejo and our neighbors had lost hundreds of thousands they had worked and saved for...said to my Sweetie then, "isn't it nice not to have all that money and lose it? See how lucky we are?" and now I say "Aren't you happy we didn't buy a big expensive house just to lose it?"
Sometimes not having is a blessing. Giving is an even bigger one, I like the way you think. (())

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Susan, It is always good to take stock in what we are doing and how contructive our lives are. Good for you!! You took notice of yourself and taking action. That is always the first step. Thanks for sharing. We all feel like this sometime. Hope your pic loads get figured out.
Have a great Labor Day.
Hugs, Celestina
la rea rose

kari and kijsa said...

Have a wonderful Labor Day! Thank you for all your prayers and blessings,
kari & kijsa