Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Red Hat Society Birthday Party

This is the "hat" and dress I'm wearing to the Red Hat Birthday Party on the Queen Mary. The party is Friday with red carpet walk, dinner, dancing and fireworks. I love my dress and it fits perfectly, too bad I don't look quite as good as the girl in the picture. My only problem with the dress was that the sleeves were too long. Yesterday I had to take it to my cleaners so they could shorten the sleeves. It's supposed to be done Friday morning and I hope it turns out OK! If not I'll have to wear another dress which isn't as pretty. Wish me luck!


5 comments:

Janet said...

Susan,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, it was Old Town Orange (is there an actual New Town?) and it is fun, but it was already getting hot on Friday and I'm not big into hot weather. Thus the reason I chose to go to CA in April when I expected the 70s. The day in Laguna was the 98 degree day inland; I am not a "beach" person per se, but I do love to walk on the beach and it was somewhat cooler near the water.

Have fun at your party tomorrow night!

Saucy said...

That looks like a smokin' dress... I bet it will look great. Are you wearing the red flower in lieu of the red hat? How daring! Nice for the evening.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Julie said...

The Red Hat Birthday party sounds so much fun. I would joint a RHS here to meet some new friends, but my book club friends would run me out of the club. For some reason they are dead set against RHS.

Here, most RHS members wear purple tops or sweatshirts with pants, instead of dresses. Is it ND, or what?

j said...

I love the feathery headband thingy. It is DEE-liteful! You are going to be a Red Hot Red Hat Lady!

It sounds like so much fun!

Jen

RHAM said...

I'll bet you looked dashing! How was the party?