Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wolf Mountain Sanctuary in Lucerne Valley

Here's out Meetup group having a group picture with the wolves. Our guide was getting them (and us) to howl.

These are all wolves not dogs.

I get to pet a howling wolf!


Isn't he beautiful?



More howling...nice teeth!




These wolves have all been rescued from private owners and all were raised in captivity. They can't be released to the wild because they wouldn't survive.






I love wolves. They are my favorite wild animals that are found in the states.





Saying "Hi" to us.
This trip was on Sunday and well worth the drive from Riverside (about 2 hours)! It was about 80 degrees that day. In the summer it can be over 110 degrees so the sanctuary has terrific water bills to keep the wolves cool. You can find out more at wolfmountainsanctuary.com
Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs, Susan







2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend! I haven't had much time lately to visit my blog friends so I'm really enjoying my afternoon and doing just that!

Hugs!
Kat

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a fun outing! I would love to go there. I'll have to look into it.

You are really doing lots of fun things with MeetUp! Good for you.

Hugs,
Joanne