Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I'm still around...I've just been hanging out on Facebook. Look under Susan Drysdale if you want to find me there. It's a new year and time for some new things but I'm back to blogging again. I needed a break during the Holidays.

I'm starting some major decorating work on my house which is going to be known as the inland beach house since I have all this beachy stuff and we can't move yet. Hopefully the housing market will go up again soon so we can sell this and move to the beach.

I have some things I want to cover up on the kitchen window wall. I saw online that you can paint and add texture with tissue paper. Just paint, add tissue and paint some more. I'm going to try it so I'll let you know what happens.

I'm also back on my health kick with some facebook friends. We're doing a "biggest loser" thing...putting $10. in the pot and whoever loses the most each month gets the money. I was going to Jenny Craig and lost about 15 lbs and gained about 5 over Christmas but still I'm down 10. Too many pralines and Sees candies! I should've stayed with Jenny but it was getting expensive with Christmas coming on.

Hope you are all well and happy. I'm going to check on you all today. I think 2010 is going to be fabulous!
Lots of hugs, Susan

10 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well it's nice to see you are back. I wondered where you went to.

Hey be happy that you only gained some of your weight back. Many people go crazy and gain it all back before getting back on track.

GOod for you. Hope you win the money.

Hugs,
Joanne

Nola said...

Haha! I've been hanging out on facebook and twitter, too! You can put a link on the sidebar of your blog to direct people to twitter and facebook, too I think, to let them know where to find you.
It is so easy to pop in, post a few lines, and go on about your day when you don't have a lot to say, that's why I like fb and twitter so much.

Julie said...

Wow - congrats on the weight loss. I am trying to get rid of my dessert pouch..not so conviently located just below my belly button!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm having trouble doing both facebook and blogging! I don't think I do either one well. sigh!

Good luck with your weight loss. I'm working on it too. My daughter's wedding is in May. Yikes!

Hugs!
Kat

Mary said...

Hi Susan - glad you're back here (I don't do Facebook) and belated Happy New Year - hope this will be great one for you.

Looking forward to seeing your decorating projects.

We're snowed in since Sat., pretty from the windows but bitterly cold outside! Stop by and see my lovely garden birds.

Hugs - Mary ACROSS THE POND

Julie said...

Hey there - where are you. Post something so I know you are okay!! Miss you.

Attic Clutter said...

SUSAN (:) I tried figuring out which one on Facebook you were but couldn't-- help.
LOL
would like to follow you
hugs,patty

Julie said...

Well - I am not sure if you are still blogging or not...but if you are.. I just wanted to tell you that sadly Don has relapsed. Not sure when he will start another year of chemo yet...

Anyway - how all is god with you!

Mary said...

I'll try one more time - are you OK? Have you given up blogging? If so, I'll mss you dear but wish you well.

Hugs - Mary

Attic Clutter said...

HI Susan
Will look for ya on FB --it is fun there I agree(:) hugsp